Why would a physician refer to Biosports Physical Therapy?
- As an adjunct to medical management
- For patients who have a biomechanical cause to their musculoskeletal symptoms
- For patients who have musculoskeletal injuries, such as sprains, strains, tendonitis, and bursitis
- For patients who need help in correcting dysfunction through instruction, exercise or modalities
- For patients who are weak
- For patients who are pre/post orthopedic surgical candidates
- For normalizing gait, improving balance, and propreoception
- For improving posture and education with body mechanics
- For education with ergonomics
- For back school and back exercise class
- For patients who are not surgical candidates
- For a specific individualized exercise program to promote wellness
- For video taping of a home exercise program
What does a typical physical therapy session at Biosports consist of?
- Movement analysis of activity, task, or sport.
- Biomechanical evaluation of the patients structure, foot type, and function (i.e. Functional Biomechanical Profile)
- Identification of the tissue in lesion
- Identification of the causes and compensations irritating the tissue in lesion
- Therapeutic Exercise (i.e. flexibility, strength, endurance, and power training)
- Gait Training and Video Gait Analysis
- Balance Training, Proprioception, and Neuromuscular Re-education
- Active and Passive Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilization
- Video taping of home exercise programs
- Functional Testing
- Aerobic and cardiovascular testing
- Taping, bracing, or splinting to enhance function and decrease pain
- Identify and explain to the patient the causes and compensations that are creating symptoms
- Home Exercise program that emphasizes muscle imbalances and areas of dysfunction.
- Education with appropriate spinal posture
- Education with ergonomic adaptations
- Electric muscle stimulation, interferential current, TENS, and biofeedback
- Ultrasound, phonophoresis, iontophoresis
- Spinal and joint traction
How will you know you are getting good care at Biosports?
- We will send an initial evaluation of the patient to the attending physician (if there is one) identifying our clinical diagnosis and objective findings based on a functional biomechanical profile.
- You will be functionally progressed each visit.
- You will be functionally tested periodically.
- Progress will be compared from initial visit to discharge visit and a home program will be given.
- Any pertinent changes in status are communicated to the patient and doctor.
Biosports Physical Therapy provides thorough and comprehensive patient care, with an optimal environment for healing. You will get better faster and will prevent future complications by identifying the causes and compensations of your impairment.
Most importantly – You can get back to work, play, and just plain living, more quickly!!